CAMPUS CONNECT PROGRAM
GBS ISKANDAR Campus Connect program aims to reduce the skill gap of the students based on requirements from industry and strengthen the tie between academia and GBS ISKANDAR companies.
The GBS ISKANDAR Campus Connect Program was officially announced by YAB MITI Minister on 16th April 2016, forging a collaboration between academia and the industry.
The 2016 pilot program took place with 40 final year students from the Faculty of Computing from UTM and UiTM which 13 of the gems were hired by VTC Holdings while the rest of the Oracle certified participants were being offered as new talent pool for the GBS industry. In 2017, 21 from 43 students who successfully completed the certification were hired by VTC Holdings and IDM Lab which marked a positive continuity of the program.
In this program, companies are welcomed to propose the skilling content based on their requirements, not limited to IT field only.
- Open to all GBS ISKANDAR companies
- Company to commit in hiring minimum 50% of the trained talents
- Company to submit training proposals to i2M for evaluation
- Maximum of 25 students per intake
- Training modules have to be relevant to GBS industry
- Maximum duration of the training is 3 months
- Pursuing degree courses majoring in IT, Computer Science, Finance & Accounting or any related course.
- CGPA 2.7 and above
- Ability to communicate in English, both speaking and writing
- Malaysian citizen
- Willing to work in Johor
HOW TO APPLY?
Please submit your enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +6019 674 7785
WHAT DO THEY SAY?
The GBS ISKANDAR Campus Connect Program gave me the opportunity to gain real-life work experience which better prepared me and as a Certified Oracle Expert, I am more confident of my value in the job market and am now following my career path to achieve my goals.
We hope the program continue to grow for the benefits of Iskandar Malaysia, UTM and the community.
With GBS ISKANDAR Campus Connect, we managed to get the right candidates for us to hire and ready to be deployed.